Monday, April 4, 2016

Why I Didn't Bring The Drink Back

It seems like such a small, dumb thing to bitch about when someone gets a bad cup of coffee or is given the wrong food order and I totally understand both sides, in fact, today, I was almost that person I hate the most. 

I had just gotten done with 2 hours at the gym, and I wanted to reward myself with an iced latte with almond milk from a specific coffee shop. So, I stopped at cub foods just because they had that coffee shop inside. 

I could tell that the woman working (by herself, by the way) hadn't worked there very long or at least not very often. 

I ordered my latte, repeated it back to her so she could ring it in. Paid 5.67! What!? That's insane. This better be good, right? 

She proceeded to make it. I watched her. She messed up by putting a flavor shot in it. I nicely said "no flavor, please." 

Then she looked down at the recipe cards and was talking to herself. I kept watching, knowing in my mind this was going to be bad. 

She handed me the drink, definitely not an iced latte, but I said thank you and walked away. I walked to the doors to go back to my car and drive to the other shop just down the street to return the drink there in hopes to not embarrass the poor woman. But I didn't. 

Why? I paid almost $6.00 for this drink!

It's not her fault. Yeah, she could have studied the drinks more, listened better or asked questions. But he trainers could have done a better job and why was she left alone if she didn't have the experience? This poor woman was put into a busy store in Maple Grove, a city with very difficult people to deal with when you catch them on a bad day. I felt bad for her! 

If I had brought that back, I knew I wasn't the first person to do that today, and I knew it would piss her off and throw her even more off her game. I've been there, I understand! So the iced espresso with a splash of almond milk was consumed. With a little regret and anger, but it was worth it to not ruin her day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment