Tuesday, April 19, 2016

What I've Been Up To

First off, thanks to an Instagram follower for calling me out on being a terrible blogger and not updating for a while and asking for an update!

Secondly, I'm sorry! I've told you, I'm bad at this. I've gone around in circles daily wondering what to write about, and nothing made me so fired up that I had to write, so I didn't. I'm sorry!

Here's what I've been up to the last two weeks:

I started full time back at the coffee shop. 39 hours a week, 12-7:30 each day. I've had to re work my workout schedule, my eating schedule and say farewell to my social life, or so it feels. 

I could write about that or post here when I get home at night, but I want to walk my dog and eat before dark.. And then I fall asleep. Sorry! 

Something cool did happen there last week; a woman who I met at my original store came in and didn't recognize me. Once I started a conversation with her, she realized who I was. She said she didn't recognize me because I look so different than the last time she saw me. In the back of my mind, the whole time I've been losing weight, I always wanted that to happen. It sounds dumb, but that was a victory. That moment made the last few years worth it. It put a smile on my face that had been missing for months! 

The job front:


I posted that I want this mug on my first day at a new radio job. What I should have said was "once I get a new radio gig, I'm rewarding myself with this mug."

I've had a ton of interviews, reached
out to personal connections and sent hundreds of demos. I'm trying. Hard. 

I met with a local small station here a few weeks ago, it wasn't for a country spot, but it was mornings and it would hold me over until I found something. Had my heart set on that. My friend there called me today and apologetically said he couldn't take me on as a paid employee. They just don't have the money like he had hoped. I'm crushed. But I respect him for being honest with me and caring enough to call and keep me in the loop. He actually wants me to succeed. 

I also had an interview for a station in Wisconsin, it went good, the guy was great and super nice to me. He said he was impressed with my knowledge and passion for the industry. It's a top 40 station and mornings, nothing came of that interview, but I'm glad I talked to them strictly because of the nice things that guy had to say. 

In more positive news, I do have a contract somewhere. I've been in contact with this station pretty much since I was fired. I'm not going to announce where it is or my time slot until I find a place to live. I've been struggling and stressing about that and it's hard to get excited until that slightly important factor gets taken care of. Stay tuned. (What's the proper blog term for that?)

To all of my supporters and followers, hold tight, I'll be back in your radio/smart phone soon. Sooner rather than later. I promise. 

I've had people reach out to me on Twitter and Instagram asking when they can hear me again, you guys will never know how happy those messages have made me. They have made me miss country radio and the microphone more than I already did. I love you guys. 

I'm heading to Las Vegas this weekend to see my best friend, Leah. God, I miss her and I need her! Follow me on Twitter/Instagram @RadioKatie1 for our shenanigans, I cannot WAIT! 

Have a good week, and thank you
For calling me out on not posting ;). 

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for your "contract". :) Let me know if there's anything at all that I can do to help!!

    ReplyDelete