Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The First Two Weeks Suck

I met a new friend over the weekend at a housewarming party for one of my best friends and she mentioned that she loved going to farmers markets. 

As I got to talking to her more, I learned that she was getting ready to change her life! She's starting the whole 30 diet on Monday. 

Talking to her, reminded me a lot of my self, she said she's scared, she doesn't like he way she feels anymore and just doesn't feel good. 

Even if she didn't want it, I offered up some advice and this is what I said:

The first two weeks blow. They suck. There's no sugar coating that. You're not eating all the things you want, you feel tired and you're always hungry, they suck! 

I remember my first week of workouts after going hard core paleo, I was tired, crabby, dizzy and I always had a headache. My body was going through major withdrawals, but Kirk kept promising it would get better and it did. 

I started seeing the weight drop again and I felt, for lack of a better term, cleaner. 

She also mentioned that she had never really had a good support system, you can't do this without someone or a group of people backing you. No way!

I started making friends at the gym because I knew I didn't have support at home so I had to find it elsewhere and some of those people are now people I couldn't live without! 

We talk to eachother when we want to eat a big bowl of ice cream, have a bad day on the scale or when we just need a simple "you're amazing" text message. Everyone needs that, regardless of what you want to succeed at, right? 

I'm so happy I met her and I can't wait to watch her crush it! Just get through the first two weeks, girl. You've got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment