Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Bi-Weekly Check In

Ok, maybe it's a tri-weekly thing, not sure. Life has been a bumpy road, like the last few months, so that's new? 

I owe you an apology for not having pictures from my Vegas trip and that's because I didn't go. The bigger apology goes to my best friend out there for me not showing. 

Why did I show? My mom hasn't been the healthiest of people throughout life, and life threw a little reminder of that our way. 

I was at the gym the morning before I was suppose to leave for my trip when I got a call that my mom needed to be taken to the ER. 

Won't go into blah blah details because nobody wants to hear that. So how is she now? Still trying to figure out what's wrong. But she's alive, that's what matters. 

The same day this all happened was the day we lost a true treasure to the music world, Prince. 

It's going to be one of those moments where I'll always remember where I was, who I was with and how I felt when the news broke. I wanted to cry but couldn't, I just remember telling to the radio," why!? No!" 

My jaw was on the floor and I didn't leave my couch for two days because I wanted to take in all the news I could about this. It consumes me. 

That Sunday, I woke up to rain and wanted to go visit Paisley Park. Let me tell you, Minnesota, you're perfect. Perfect in the way that we all came
Together and forgot about all the other protesting and drama that had taken over our state and it was to remember our hometown Prince. 

Just looking at all the memorials set up, the block parties and all the messages was enough to finally bring the waterworks from me. It was amazing. 

Prince was different and he made it okay for others to be different. There are so many artists who wouldn't be who they are without his influence. The music world owes him. 

I'm no longer paying attention to the news, though, because I don't want to know. Was it drugs? Maybe. Maybe it was an overdose. Who knows? But leave him alone. And I do fully understand that the media has to cover it. It would be lethal not to, I'm just not paying attention, let Prince remain a Prince. 

Another legend in the business is Garth Brooks! My friend, Kallie and I went on a road trip up to Fargo to get our fix of him and it was every bit of therapy that I needed! 

On the way there and back, we listened to the music we grew up on, the good 90's country, and shared stories that came with every song. Those were their old days! 

Someone I made a latte for said Fargo was a long ways to travel to see a concert, they're crazy. It's not just a concert. Garth Brooks is Garth Brooks. He's there for us. He knows the songs we want to hear and he talks to his audience like no one I've ever seen. He knows that we all pay to see him and he appreciates it. He gets it. Oh, and his wife is perfection. 

The coolest part of the show was when it was just Garth on stage with his guitar and he was reading the signs in the crowd then playing whatever song the sign holder wanted to hear. You tell me who else would do that. He played a couple's first dance song and the guy cried! 

Last but definitely not least, the job update. I had a job lined up in Fargo, I signed my contract, finally
Figured out a living situation and then my mom got sick. 

I did what any good daughter would do and asked for some time so that I could make sure she'll be okay. 

They said no. So it's back to square one. 

That's it for the update, I've sent out a couple more demos in hopes that somebody will take a chance, let's keep our fingers crossed. 

And as usual, thank you for all the love and continuing support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment