Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Ben loves her, but he loves her too?

One of my guilty pleasures since going to college in Mankato had been the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. I'm a JUNKIE!

I look forward every week to live tweeting it and sharing snarky remarks that do or do not make sense and I love it even more when the Twitter world responds!

I lived in Montana over the summer and toyed with the idea of going to the casting call for this season of the bachelor. Why I didn't go, again, no valid excuse! I'm still kicking myself because it ended up being Ben Higgins!

This week was the overnight date week, let's be honest. Who wouldn't take a fantasy suite with Ben? 

The thing that stood out to me the most happened in the first 5 minutes of the show, when he was talking about the three girls left. JoJo, Caila and Lauren B!

The way he talked about Lauren. The hopeless romantic in me couldn't help but smile, his voice was different, he was emotional, he needs to marry her like yesterday!

And then I started hating him. He made us all cry when he broke the rules and dropped "L" word to Lauren. But then, he said it to JoJo too! What the eff, Ben!? 

And the hatred grew. Caila. Oh, Caila. The poor girl was so happy going over there. Producers more than likely saw how happy she was and knew she was going home so they ruined her day on purpose. 

This was so hard to watch because we've all been there, we've all poured our hearts out to someone and expressed our feelings only to have them not reciprocated. It just plain sucks. So I feel for her, we all do. 

Also, her exit was the perfect set up for for next Bachelorette. I like Becca, but this was her second time around, amber has been on a few times with the franchise and the runner up, well, she won't be able to compare to Caila's exit. Let's be honest. 

The real question I have is How can he tell both women that he's in love with them!? If you love someone, to me, there's no one else. Even when you break up with someone but still love them, you can't love someone else and it would take a fight to convince me otherwise. 

So, do I think he loves either of them? No. I think he's got a better connection and he really really cares about Lauren in all the right ways, but likes JoJo's ... Umm, whatever. He can't love both of them. 

He gets emotional and all adorable when it comes to Lauren, like I said, just choose her!

What's with the previews? The phone call? Does he pull a Jason Mesnick and propose to the wrong girl? Has he not stopped thinking about our girl, Caila? 

I've had a hard time really getting into this season, but I'm super excited to see what happens there. 

I don't think I'll watch the women tell all because I never enjoy them, it makes me embarrassed to be a woman and seeing all the name calling and emotional breakdowns. We all have them, just behind closed doors or in our cars screaming to loud music. Any place other than national television, girls! 

On a completely different note, so many sweet words about my last post, even Heidi Powell saw it and gave me a virtual fist bump, yes! Your kind words are my motivation, so thank you again!

I went completely out of my comfort zone and took the next step in this whole journey. What was it? Check back tomorrow ;). 

No comments:

Post a Comment