Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Next Step

As I sit here on a Wednesday waiting to take a class that'll apparently teach me how to get another job, I wanted to share with you what I did on Monday as another step in the weight loss journey.


That's my friend, Kim and I at our gym about a year ago. She wanted to take a picture of our guns. I wasn't having it because of that flap of skin that is very obvious in this picture. 

I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror because of that. And I should be proud of it, that shows all my hard work over the years! 

It's loose skin, not fat anymore, just skin. 

So, since I've lost over 100lbs, I know that a lot of that isn't going to shape itself or go away, it means surgery of some sorts. 

After talking with my Trainer, Kirk, and he suggested getting a consult just to see what a surgeon has to say and get an idea of how much more work we have to do in order to qualify. 

Monday, I went in for a consult!! 

Let me tell you, I was expecting to be pinched and pulled, but wow! 

I had to strip down to the bra and undies, and then, when she looked at my legs/thighs, she even took the panty line even lower. Yikes! 

What was the result?

Better than I thought, I think!

I was certain going on there that my stomach was going to need a lot more work, wrong again!

My arms, very obviously, are ready for take off. Literally. 

My stomach.... Drumroll..... Underneath all that SKIN is definition! It's not fat, like I thought, it's skin! Close to 15lbs of skin! 

Sounds like great news, right?

Well, the problem is my legs. She said there's a lot of fat left on them and suggested Lipo. I don't really want to do that, I've been proud of the work I've been able to do and I'd like to work to get them a little closer to where they need to be. 
 
I do think I'm going to go in and get the arm wings taken care of. I wonder how much better just those alone would make
my workouts. Would that make my running time quicker? 

A lot to think about, so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment